Want an easy, yummy and quick recipe to make for a party…gathering…or on a cold day with the kids, when you’re stuck inside? Try garbage popcorn…you WILL NOT be disappointed!
It is such a perfect combination of savory and sweet flavors (which, being pregnant, is super satisfying!)
This recipe uses ingredients you likely have stocked in your pantry, already. This recipe is always a hit at parties and can be kept out (for up to a week) in a bowl in your house (though… truth be told, it won’t last the week…it may not even last the day…it is THAT good!!!)
Try this recipe out, and let us know what you think?
Jennifer and Nicole
- 8 cups of popped popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups of pretzels
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 12 BIG marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup M&Ms
- Place the popcorn and pretzels on a large baking sheet that has been lined with a Silpat baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and corn syrup and cook until melted and combined.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and salt
- Evenly pour the marshmallow/caramel mixture over the popcorn and pretzels. Carefully stir together until popcorn and pretzels are well-coated. (Spoiler alert…it WILL be sticky!)
- Stir in M&Ms. Add additional salt, if necessary.
*Keep for up to a week 🙂